Copper and Bloodstone Gemstone Ring, Bloodstone Flower Ring, Electroformed Natural Stone Ring
This is a lovely specimen of bloodstone in this ring. The colors are fabulous, deep dark green with a little punch of yellow and red. The way this cocktail ring is shaped almost resembles a flower. The ring pictured is size 6. Other sizes are available but require 5-7 days for fabrication prior to shipment.
All if not most stones offer a variation of themselves, but Bloodstones are so unique in that the spectrum of color from one single piece can vary from pebble to pebble. Bloodstones are a variety of jasper or chalcedony. The “classic” Bloodstone is green jasper with red inclusions. This stone occurs as massive formation, ranging from dark green to greenish-blue or greenish-black, and may be translucent to opaque with a waxy, resinous luster. In addition to the spots and streaks of Red Jasper, some formations contain inclusions that are yellow or white, while others lacking inclusions may be entirely green (source: crystal vaults).
In the ancient world, this stone has strong religious connotations. The most widely known legend of this stone comes from the Middle Ages and claims the “Blood Stone” was formed at the crucifixion of Jesus Christ when the blood of his wounds fell onto the dark green earth and turned to stone (source: crystal vaults).
Healing properties of Bloodstone:
- Stimulates dreaming and heightens intuition
- Boost energy levels and increases endurance in physical activity
- Stimulates the immune system
- Said to revitalize and re-energize the body after illness, injury or physical exhaustion
We’d love to make something custom for you. Just contact us.
Thank you for stopping by our little shop!
- Size: Available in various sizes
- Stones: True raw gemstones
- Material: Raw gemstones, pure copper base
- Rngs have been burnished, antiqued and sealed to protect the finish
- *Each rendition ordered (gemstone shape/size) will have some differences in general shape and dimensions. The ring shank will be as pictured.
- Other sizes are available but require fabrication 5-7 days before ready to ship.
- Keep sterling silver in airtight packages, (Ziplocs should work fine)
- Use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals. We use the tabs below and now include (2 - 4) tabs with copper and sterling silver purchases.
- Store metals in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.
To maintain the shine or antiquing:
• Keep your copper jewelry clean
• Store it in an airtight container or bag away from heat and moisture
• Wipe regularly with a polishing cloth to prevent dirt build-up
This reaction will vary according to an individual's body chemistry, both in how long it takes for the green discoloration to form and in how pronounced the color becomes.
Because this potential reaction is not to be unexpected by customers, we do not offer Refunds if the reason is "Because It turns my skin green."