Large Ethnic Copper Blue Rustic Hoops – Earrings | Tinklet Jewelry
These large, bold copper hoops have been aged to a rustic blue. They are definitely a statement pair of earrings that will get you noticed. Perfect for summertime fun, rock them with a floppy hat, jeans, and a tee.
Tribal in style, these lovelies are constructed from 14-gauge copper wire. The wire is hammered and each ring varies in size to create the overlap look.
The blue patina look is achieved through a chemical reaction created with salt and ammonia. Once the desired look is achieved, we seal the copper to protect the finish insuring the longevity of the item.
This pair will sway with movement and you are likely to feel them brushing your jawline. They measure 3 ¼ inches long and are just under 2 ½ inches wide at the widest point. They have a medium weight to them but are still comfortable on the ear.
Each pair is unique, please allow for slight differences.
These earrings arrive wrapped in tissue paper inside of a burlap bag, perfect for gift giving.
Thank you for visiting our little shop
- Keep sterling silver in airtight packages, (Ziplocs should work fine)
- Use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals. We use the tabs below and now include (2 - 4) tabs with copper and sterling silver purchases.
- Store metals in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.
To maintain the shine or antiquing:
• Keep your copper jewelry clean
• Store it in an airtight container or bag away from heat and moisture
• Wipe regularly with a polishing cloth to prevent dirt build-up
This reaction will vary according to an individual's body chemistry, both in how long it takes for the green discoloration to form and in how pronounced the color becomes.
Because this potential reaction is not to be unexpected by customers, we do not offer Refunds if the reason is "Because It turns my skin green."